News & Announcements
Upcoming Spring Regional Food Cooperative Meeting
Save the Date: Our next regional food cooperative meeting will be on
Sunday, April 26 at Newark Natural Foods in their new location:
- 230 E. Main Street, Suite 209
Newark, Delaware 19711
– Clay Whitney of Cabot Creamery Co-op
– Representative from the Delaware Food Bank
– Panel Discussion: Representatives from Newark Natural Foods
and other food co-ops will discuss various aspects of co-op expansion
★ Please join us–you don’t have to be a MAFCA member to attend.
Join the online conversation about food co-ops through our Google Group: send an email to: mafca+subscribe (at) googlegroups.com. You will be able to ask questions and get advice from other food co-ops.
Videos from our Fall 2014 Regional Food Cooperative Meeting
Here are two presentations from our October regional food co-op meeting at the Flatbush Food Co-op in Brooklyn, New York.
Carl Arnold: Hydrofracking Video + Resources
Cynthia Blayer: Marketing & Outreach Techniques for Food Co-ops
➥ Download the Powerpoint presentation used during the discussion about marketing and outreach for food co-ops.
To contact MAFCA, please send email to info [at] mafca.coop.
About the Mid-Atlantic Food Cooperative Alliance (MAFCA)
We are 25 food co-ops, buying clubs, and start-up efforts in 6 states (DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA) with aggregate annual sales of over $100 million dollars.
Mission: The Mid-Atlantic Food Co-op Alliance exists for the mutual benefit of its members and the greater community in which we live. Our purpose is to grow the cooperative economy, provide education about co-ops, and build a sustainable and equitable system of healthy, local food production, distribution, and consumption.
- Establish a regional network of consumer food co-ops, businesses and farmers.
- Promote a marketing brand for regional co-ops.
- Publicize, promote, and enhance resources for established and start-up co-ops.
- Promote the principles and values of the cooperative movement.